Ford F150 EcoBoost Owners Welcomes You!

Custom Search

Advertise here and reach the F150 Ecoboost community. Click here to find out more.

Ford F150 EcoBoost Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Ford F150 EcoBoost Forum welcomes you to our community! Like most online communities, you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By becoming a member, you'll enjoy these benefits and more:

Receive special discount offers on apparel, parts and merchandise!
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Post your photos to the gallery
• View fewer ads. . .more

Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

F150 EcoBoost Apparel

F150 EcoBoost Hat

F150 EcoBoost Key Chain

F150 EcoBoost Shirt

F150 EB Exhaust

Shop For More Here

Photo
- - - - -

DVD Player Unlock?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Narcosises

Narcosises

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationWA
  • Current Vehicle:F150 FX4 ECO BOOST

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:32 AM

So I'm not interested in starting a debate on the stupidity of drivers watching movies while they drive or anything like that. And yes, I understand that in some states it is illegal to have a screen in view of the driver. But I'm not here to debate these issues just try and solve my problem.

I was really hoping by having a dvd player in the console the passenger(s) could watch videos via it while the vehicle is in motion rather than having to keep a laptop out. My wife and I take lots of road trips even going across the whole country and it just gets old having the laptop out (and no the laptop isn't situated for the driver to watch, just for the individual who isn't driving). So I was disappointed to find out that the dvd playback was disabled while the vehicle was in motion. I know a buddy with a Dodge Ram whose dvd player plays while he is driving but after researching this some I'm not sure he just didn't install some aftermarket system to bypass that prevention.

So does anyone know how to enable this playback and remove this driving restriction? I really don't want to have to buy one of these $250 devices and install it. Would much rather figure out a way to do it through the interface and/or by linking up my computer to the vehicle. I'm sure there are plenty of others that are interested in unlocking the navigation features which should be a similar procedure to doing this.

Thanks.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 50racer

50racer

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCoral Springs, FL
  • Current Vehicle:F150

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:57 PM

So I'm not interested in starting a debate on the stupidity of drivers watching movies while they drive or anything like that. And yes, I understand that in some states it is illegal to have a screen in view of the driver. But I'm not here to debate these issues just try and solve my problem.

I was really hoping by having a dvd player in the console the passenger(s) could watch videos via it while the vehicle is in motion rather than having to keep a laptop out. My wife and I take lots of road trips even going across the whole country and it just gets old having the laptop out (and no the laptop isn't situated for the driver to watch, just for the individual who isn't driving). So I was disappointed to find out that the dvd playback was disabled while the vehicle was in motion. I know a buddy with a Dodge Ram whose dvd player plays while he is driving but after researching this some I'm not sure he just didn't install some aftermarket system to bypass that prevention.

So does anyone know how to enable this playback and remove this driving restriction? I really don't want to have to buy one of these $250 devices and install it. Would much rather figure out a way to do it through the interface and/or by linking up my computer to the vehicle. I'm sure there are plenty of others that are interested in unlocking the navigation features which should be a similar procedure to doing this.

Thanks.

Here is one option www.coastaletech.com/synclockpick.htm it allows more than just watching dvd while in motion.

Edited by 50racer, 08 April 2011 - 08:58 PM.

#3 Narcosises

Narcosises

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationWA
  • Current Vehicle:F150 FX4 ECO BOOST

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

Here is one option www.coastaletech.com/synclockpick.htm it allows more than just watching dvd while in motion.

Thanks for the option. Now just to decide if it is worth the money.

#4 MadMaxetc

MadMaxetc

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationWichita, KS
  • Current Vehicle:2012 F-150 FX4

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

Good to know...

Might watch to see if the price goes down or if one comes up one ebay or CL.
Dan

2012 F-150 FX4, Ecoboost, Tuxedo Black, Luxury Package, Max Tow Package
2002 Mountaineer, 2x4, 4.6l V8, White
1967 F-250 2x4 LWB, Red, 300 I-6, T-5, 3.70 open rear
1963 F-100 2x4 SWB, Red, 460 V8, Richmond 5 Speed, 4-Link rear, 3.70 LSD

#5 IMissMyEvo

IMissMyEvo

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota
  • Current Vehicle:2012 f150 XLT Screw Eco, 2004 Silverado SS

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

Take the head unit out, find the wire that connects to the parking brake. Take that one and the ground, connect it to a switch that is grounded. Flip the switch twice and it should send a ground pulse to the head unit, making it think that the vehicle it stopped.

#6 jmummery

jmummery

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationAlamogordo NM
  • Current Vehicle:2012 F150 Lariat Eco Boost

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

Can't you just ground the unit to the metal frame the head unit secures too? All you need is just a ground to trick the truck it is in park, right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)