Ford F150 EcoBoost Owners Welcomes You!

Custom Search

Advertise here and reach the F150 Ecoboost community. Click here to find out more.

Ford F150 EcoBoost Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Ford F150 EcoBoost Forum welcomes you to our community! Like most online communities, you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By becoming a member, you'll enjoy these benefits and more:

Receive special discount offers on apparel, parts and merchandise!
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Post your photos to the gallery
• View fewer ads. . .more

Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

F150 EcoBoost Apparel

F150 EcoBoost Hat

F150 EcoBoost Key Chain

F150 EcoBoost Shirt

F150 EB Exhaust

Shop For More Here

Photo

Want Ford factory remote start for your F 150 Ecoboost?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 mikesxpress

mikesxpress

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationFredericksburg, VA/Santee, SC
  • Current Vehicle:2011 EcoBoost SuperCab LB XLT 3.73

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:18 AM

1. Need to check and see if your truck has the hood pin switch:
Posted Image
If it doesn't have one, you will need this too. Just plugs into the harness at the install location.

2. Find the guy that does the aftermarket installs for the dealer and get:
Posted Image

The kit will have everything. 2 additional keys with the ES fob along with the antenna and hook up to harness behind the glove box.

I got mine installed for $320.00 total.
Cheaper than Ford dealer by over 230 bucks.

Requires your 2 factory FOB's to program the new keys (need to be cut 1st), and the installers laptop to turn the function on in the computer. The setting for it show up in your menu.
15 minutes work.

Your key count will be maxed out with adding these two new ES keys.
Posted Image
Captain Mike (USCG Master 100 GRT)

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 taperk600

taperk600

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationLG, NY
  • Current Vehicle:Arctic Cat 720 SnoPro

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:24 AM

Nice post..... however I just ordered mine factory installed...not dealer installed. Actually, it was part of the lariat plus package I believe.

Nice info for those who didn't get it with their truck though !!! Nice of you to share it too !!
2011 Super Crew Lariat EcoBoost in Sterling Grey over black leather. Heated & Cooled Buckets.
6.5 ft box, Max Tow pakage, Off Road Package, 3.73 gears with electric locking rear differential.
Harley Davidson tinted head lights and tail lights. Undercover hard tonneau. Line-X spray-in. More to come.

1999 Chaparral Sunesta 233LE; 5.7 efi Merc/ Bravo 3 outdrive
Scuba yr 'round
Arctic Cats......
2011 600 SnoPro Cross Country
2010 500 SnoPro / D&D 720
2010 SnoPro 500

#3 ThaChad

ThaChad

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCentral, Il
  • Current Vehicle:2011 F150 Ecoboost 4x4

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:25 AM

I got mine installed at the dealer, was only $247.67 installed.

Of course the parts guys knew nothing about the part, I had to give them the P/N to order from the ford accessory website, they ordered it and where shocked that it came with 2 new keys for the price. Said just to order a replacement key would have been like $150 and the kit comes with 2!

It always amazes me when the customers have to school the parts and service departments on what is available and what can be done to our vehicals.

-ThaChad

#4 mikesxpress

mikesxpress

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:44 AM

I got mine installed at the dealer, was only $247.67 installed.

That's what the parts cost! I need work done at YOUR dealer!!
:hysterical: :hysterical:
Posted Image

#5 oldguy

oldguy

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Vehicle:2011 FX4 Ecoboost SCrew

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:27 PM

Bought the trailer brake controler from OEM Parts Authority on line on ebay for $145 freight paid and the oem remote start on line for $185.00 and installed both of them myself.
Dealer ground the keys for free and I programed the keys myself. It took less than an hour for both installs including programing the keys. Ford has made these a very easy install. Then it took less than 10 minutes and $45.00 for my local dealer to then update the computer so it would recognize that both of these were now installed.

Edited by oldguy, 11 July 2011 - 01:35 PM.

#6 mikesxpress

mikesxpress

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:07 AM

Bought the trailer brake controler from OEM Parts Authority on line on ebay for $145 freight paid and the oem remote start on line for $185.00 and installed both of them myself.
Dealer ground the keys for free and I programed the keys myself. It took less than an hour for both installs including programing the keys. Ford has made these a very easy install. Then it took less than 10 minutes and $45.00 for my local dealer to then update the computer so it would recognize that both of these were now installed.

Cool! Post the links where you bought the stuff!
Posted Image

#7 oldguy

oldguy

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:12 AM

Here are the 2 suppliers where I bought mine. I had very fast shipping from both.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

http://www.carpartse...d=BC3Z-19G364-A

Here are the installation instructions for the F-150 OEM remote start. Scroll down the left side of the page to the F150 OEM section.

http://api.viglink.c...rutherk1/9ptv6g

Edited by oldguy, 14 July 2011 - 05:03 AM.

#8 gr8whthntr2003

gr8whthntr2003

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Vehicle:2011 F-150 crew max tow

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:25 PM

Ordered my factory start showed up in 4 days took 5 min. to hook up once I found the connection. Lowes cut the keys for free and the dealer programmed for $30!

#9 bradatz

bradatz

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationKansas
  • Current Vehicle:2011 F-150 ECOBOOST

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:13 AM

www.tascaparts.com has the part for $167.50.

What do I need to ask the dealer to do to update the computer for the remote start?

#10 mikesxpress

mikesxpress

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:05 AM

www.tascaparts.com has the part for $167.50.

What do I need to ask the dealer to do to update the computer for the remote start?

They know what to do. If they don't, RUN!!!! :hysterical:
Posted Image

#11 dayve

dayve

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Current Vehicle:2011 F150

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:00 PM

They know what to do. If they don't, RUN!!!! :hysterical:

I'm trying to find more information on this remote start. Part #BC3Z-19G364-A. Does it come with two keys that have the extra button for the start?
I see that Tascaparts.com has it for 167.20 right now.

#12 oldguy

oldguy

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:58 PM

I'm trying to find more information on this remote start. Part #BC3Z-19G364-A. Does it come with two keys that have the extra button for the start?
I see that Tascaparts.com has it for 167.20 right now.

Yes, it comes with 2 keys with the extra button for remote start that you need to have ground to match your oem keys and then you program them in the ignition following the programing directions.

Edited by oldguy, 06 November 2011 - 04:44 PM.

#13 OldChevyGuy

OldChevyGuy

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationWV
  • Current Vehicle:2011 F-150 Ecoboost Max Tow

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

Thanks for the Info guys.
I asked about a remote start when I bought my truck a couple of weeks ago and was told that they usually farm it out aftermarket because it was such a difficult installation and I would still have an extra FOB to start it with.( I guess it is on older installs)

After finding this post, I ordered mine, recieved it today and installed it, went to my dealer where they told me one replacement key was $162.00 alone. They couldn't believe I got the whole kit for $167.50. THey also couldn't believe how easy it was to install.

They just didn't know; but they cut and prgrammed my keys, and the truck at no charge.... Awesome

They were also unaware that the Daytime Running Lights could be enabled as well, They did that for me at no charge also.

#14 RPM

RPM

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Vehicle:F150

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:33 AM

That is because they are all programmed (trained) in one direction......can't think out of the box they are put in....see it every day!

#15 OldChevyGuy

OldChevyGuy

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationWV
  • Current Vehicle:2011 F-150 Ecoboost Max Tow

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

That is because they are all programmed (trained) in one direction......can't think out of the box they are put in....see it every day!

They can stay inside that box long as they don't charge me for stuff. :happy feet:

Edited by OldChevyGuy, 11 November 2011 - 04:42 PM.

#16 gjbeck

gjbeck

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Vehicle:2011 F-150

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:34 PM

Thanks for the Info guys.
I asked about a remote start when I bought my truck a couple of weeks ago and was told that they usually farm it out aftermarket because it was such a difficult installation and I would still have an extra FOB to start it with.( I guess it is on older installs)

After finding this post, I ordered mine, recieved it today and installed it, went to my dealer where they told me one replacement key was $162.00 alone. They couldn't believe I got the whole kit for $167.50. THey also couldn't believe how easy it was to install.

They just didn't know; but they cut and prgrammed my keys, and the truck at no charge.... Awesome

They were also unaware that the Daytime Running Lights could be enabled as well, They did that for me at no charge also.

Does anyone have the code to turn on daytime running lights? My dealer is one of the ones that doesn't know it can be done. Thanks

#17 umpire.20

umpire.20

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM
  • Current Vehicle:F-150 XLT Super Crew - 3.5L Eco-Boost V6

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

Does anyone have the code to turn on daytime running lights? My dealer is one of the ones that doesn't know it can be done. Thanks

Simply ask him to hook up the computer and modify the PCM to "activate DRL(s)". See my post on this forum titled DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS.

2011 F-150 4x2 Super Crew
Eco Boost 3.5L V6 Engine
3.55 Limited Slip Axle
145" Wheel Base 4x2
Golden Bronze Metallic

#18 dayve

dayve

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Current Vehicle:2011 F150

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

I installed this remote kit today. I then took it to ford to have option turned on. They say that option could not be turned on. The computer gets 10% of turning it on and then says could not turn on the option for remote start. Has anyone ran into this problem before?

Edited by dayve, 24 November 2011 - 10:27 AM.

#19 oldguy

oldguy

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

I installed this remote kit today. I then took it to ford to have option turned on. They say that option could not be turned on. The computer gets 10% of turning it on and then says could not turn on the option for remote start. Has anyone ran into this problem before?

I installed mine on my 11 Screw FX4 EB myself and when I took it to the dealer to have it activated in the computer I had to go out into the shop to tell the tech how to do it because they had never done one before. They said they always out sourced the install and activation. When they hook up their computer they have to go into the section called security and then select remote start and then activate.

If they did this correctly and it wouldn't activate then I would check and make sure the switch under the hood is working properly. It is the switch mounted on the firewall and tells the computer when the hood is up or down. If the switch is not working or not even installed then it won't activate.
Also check and make sure that the remote start antenna you plugged into the TPS sensor is plugged in correctly.
You also have to have power door locks for the remote start to install and work.
If everything on the truck checks out ok then I would try another dealer because the tech at the one you used may not know what they are doing.

Hope this helps.

Edited by oldguy, 24 November 2011 - 03:50 PM.

#20 2011FX2crazy

2011FX2crazy

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Ford F-150 FX2 Screw with the EcoBoost and 3.55 LSD

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:44 AM

My dealer has what they call a "Truck Accessory Shop"

Nothing out of there is cheap.

They quoted me $688 for this same factory system and $580 to do a spray in liner. Uhg!

So I went to parts and the price on the R/S system from them is $228... I then went to service and asked them what they would charge me to "Activate" the system after I install it. Told me 2 hours @ $90 an hour... and that includes cutting and programing the keys. I told him it is a 20 min tops job and he insisted it is not.

Looks like I'm not using my selling dealer for my R/S system. Now I've gotta find another local dealer.

Edited by 2011FX2crazy, 26 November 2011 - 08:46 AM.

DSC01737.jpg
2011 FX2 with the Plus package, EcoBoost and 3.55 LSD
1997 Ford Expedition XLT, 4.6 and 268,000+ miles
1997 Ford Explorer, 4.0 and 179,000 miles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users