Ford F150 EcoBoost Owners Welcomes You!

Custom Search

Advertise here and reach the F150 Ecoboost community. Click here to find out more.

Ford F150 EcoBoost Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Ford F150 EcoBoost Forum welcomes you to our community! Like most online communities, you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By becoming a member, you'll enjoy these benefits and more:

Receive special discount offers on apparel, parts and merchandise!
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Post your photos to the gallery
• View fewer ads. . .more

Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

F150 EcoBoost Apparel

F150 EcoBoost Hat

F150 EcoBoost Key Chain

F150 EcoBoost Shirt

F150 EB Exhaust

Shop For More Here

Photo

WARRANTY WARNING!!!!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 glwbear

glwbear

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Current Vehicle:2011 F-150 ECO-BOOST

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:42 AM

TODAY I STOPPED BY MY DEALER TO ASK ABOUT A OIL FILTER AND HE WAS TALKING TO ANOTHER ECO-BOOST TRUCK OWNER WHO HAD JUST REMOVED HIS STOCK EXHAUST RESONATOR & MUFFLER AND INSTALLED A MAGNAFLOW SYSTEM. THE DEALER SAID FORD COULD AND HAS VOIDED WARRANTIES FOR CHANGING THE MUFFLER. HE TOLD THE GUY TO PUT THE STOCK EXHAUST BACK ON THE TRUCK.

THERE IS A FORD SERVICE BULLITIN THAT HAS BEEN SENT OUT TO ALL FORD DEALERS TELLING THEM HOW TO VOID A WARRANTY FOR ANY MODIFICATIONS THEY MIGHT SEE ON THE NEW ECO-BOOST ENGINES!

I SUGGEST EVERYONE BE VERY CAREFUL AS THE AUTO & TRUCK INDUSTRY HAS REALLY CHANGED.

GLWBEAR

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 Slabo

Slabo

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationWA
  • Current Vehicle:2011 F-150 SCrew 4x4 Ecoboost Max

Posted 18 May 2011 - 05:50 PM

I have a feeling they could be extra picky with the new Ecoboost.

#3 mikesxpress

mikesxpress

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationFredericksburg, VA/Santee, SC
  • Current Vehicle:2011 EcoBoost SuperCab LB XLT 3.73

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:20 AM

Dealer said that?
Were his lips moving??? :hysterical:

I get all the TB's and never seen it?

Before you post BS like this you need to do some reading:
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 is a good place to start.

Here is another link to details:
Edmonds warranty issues

Edited by mikesxpress, 19 May 2011 - 02:27 AM.

Posted Image
Captain Mike (USCG Master 100 GRT)

#4 glwbear

glwbear

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:02 AM

TO ALL YOU DISBELIEVERS AND TO PEOPLE THAT SAY THEY GET ALL THE TB'S READ ON!

THIS WAS POSTED ON THE FORD TRUCK FORUM!

No mods on the ecoboost
I have been doing some research on putting a tuner on the ecoboost. Seems that since the 6.0 mess Ford has gotten smarter. Also seems that some have blown the eco in the Taurus SHO's. It appears that a tuner, CAI, removing the cats and maybe even an aftermarket exhaust system can be grounds for warranty denial.

You can make up your own mind. Mine is staying stock.

I found this on yellow bullet, a racing forum:

To: All Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealerships
Subject: Aftermarket Modifications – Warranty Cancellation

BACKGROUND
Aftermarket companies (referred to as "tuners") attempt to increase an engine's torque and power output beyond the design limits which may cause powertrain failures. This is often accomplished by modifying the engine calibration (referred to as "chipping") but may also include modifications or adjustments to other components. Per the Warranty Guide that is provided to the customer and the Warranty & Policy Manual, failures resulting from modifications are not warranted by Ford Motor Company.

All powertrains are subject to warranty cancellation if a modification causes a failure. For the 3.5L EcoBoost technical service bulletin TSB 10-2-6 was published to enable your technicians to determine:

If a powertrain failure resulted from an unauthorized modification
If the engine, transmission, or entire powertrain warranty should be cancelled
Per the inspection process included in this TSB a Ford Motor Company inspector may assist with this analysis. When the inspection process clearly indicates that a failure was caused by an unauthorized modification/alteration the repair should not be completed under Warranty and, using the following process, the vehicle's remaining Engine, Transmission, or Powertrain warranty should be cancelled.

WARRANTY CANCELLATION PROCESS
To initiate a warranty cancellation on an affected vehicle, submit a warranty cancellation request form through FMCDealer.com. This on-line form can be accessed as follows:

FMCDealer.com
Select Parts & Service tab
Select Warranty Administration & Parts Return
Select Warranty Cancellation / Reinstatement Request Form
Complete and submit this form on-line.

Once the warranty is cancelled an OASIS message will advise all dealerships that the vehicle is no longer eligible for warranty coverage

Here is the TSB

Review Service Procedure
SERVICE PROCEDURE

Unauthorized calibration modifications may or may not be detectable using standard tools (Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS), Portable Diagnostic Software (PDS), NGS+ VCM). Changes can be made to the calibration and flashed to the PCM through the OBD port. Physical modifications to the hardware may or may not be present. If aftermarket power/torque-increasing modifications are suspected, care should be taken to record and store the following items: Permanent Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs), Pending DTCs, Freeze Frame Data, Mode 6 and Mode 9 data. The data should be printed and attached to the repair order for later reference.
The DTCs, freeze frame data, Mode 6 and 9 data can be obtained by using the IDS, PDS or NGS+VCM under tool box selection. The Powertrain tab will provide the OBD Test Modes tab and Mode 6 and 9 data selection after the vehicle has been identified.

Attempting to increase the engine output via recalibrating the PCM may result in poor drivability, DTCs, or component failures. A partial list of calibration induced component failures is given below:
Piston damage.
Spark over-advanced (knock-induced damage).
Insufficient enrichment.
Excessive Cylinder Pressure:

Turbocharger damage.
Over-Speed:

Catalyst damage.
Over-Temperature/Melting:

Transmission, PTU, Torque converter damage.
Hardware Modifications:

The following list contains items that are frequently modified in an effort to increase the engines torque/power output. Modifying these items may, or may not improve the performance, but can lead to drivability issues, DTCs and possibly component failures:
Air induction system (air box, low pressure and high pressure air ducts).
The system may be particularly susceptible to flexible air ducts between the air filter and the compressors. Restrictions on either side of the compressor can result in over-speeding the turbo (Figures 5-6).
Wastegate actuator pre-tension.
The full load output of some turbocharged engines will increase if the wastegate spring pre-tension is increased. This is not the case with the EcoBoost engine. Adjusting the wastegate pre-tension out of the specified range can result in DTCs. A tamper evident paint dot has been applied to the wastegate actuator adjustment mechanism to make modifications more apparent.
Throttle inlet and intake manifold pressure sensors.
These sensors and the associated wiring should be inspected to verify they have not been modified.
Additional fuel injection devices.
The high pressure fuel system used for the EcoBoost engine will not support additional fuel flow beyond what the factory calibration requests. Inspect the engine for an additional aftermarket injector(s) located somewhere in the induction system to provided increased fuel flow.
PCV system modifications.
If the PCV system is modified (vented to atmosphere being the most common modification) it can result in a condition where oil gets past the turbine seal even on an undamaged, fully functional turbocharger. Oil in the exhaust system may not be sufficient evidence to identify a failed turbo if the PCV system has been compromised.
Compressor bypass modifications (a.k.a. blow-off valve, or anti-surge valve).
It is common to modify these components so they make more noise. If the aftermarket devices fail to seal properly when closed, elevated turbo speeds and compressor outlet temperatures will occur.
Exhaust air path/system.
Removal of catalysts or mufflers/resonators to reduce exhaust backpressure may result in over-speeding the turbo(s).
Thermostat modifications.
Blocking open the thermostat may reduce the coolant flow to the turbo chargers. Wastegate Tamper Evident Paint Dot

quote name='mikesxpress' timestamp='1305800427' post='1240']
Dealer said that?

Edmonds warranty issues
[/quote]

#5 mikesxpress

mikesxpress

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:56 PM

Same deal. Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 still applies.

TSB was released for the Tarus SHO but would still apply to the F150's.

If they can PROVE the mod did damage they can cancel the warranty. Been like that since 1975.

I have no mods to mine, nor would I do any. It runs fine like it is. Same way with the 1999 Superduty I sold and replaced it with this EcoBoost.
Posted Image

#6 EdCaffreyMS

EdCaffreyMS

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationGreat Falls, MT
  • Current Vehicle:2011 F150, Scab, 4x4, Ecoboost

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:31 AM

I think you'll find that mods on the EB and how it effects the warranty will vary from dealer to dealer. I too was under the impression that ANY mods on a EB would spell disaster for the warranty.....then I sat down and had about an hour conversation with the Service Manager at my dealership. The term he kept using was "sensible". Saying that he would never void a warranty for modification that were sensible.....he went on to described instances where folks had "tuned" an engine to the point where the pistons literally melted to the heads.....and the individuals where buttheads about it.....and he cancelled warranties. To date nobody has been able to crack the encryption on the EB computers....but I'm sure it will come, and then you'll see "tuners" available for the EB.

I spoke to the service manager specifically about exhaust, and a leveling kit. He told me that messing with the exhaust had not only the greatest potential for voiding the warranty, but would very likely cause the engine to run poorly. Concerning a leveling kit, he told me the very first thing he did to his 2011 EB, was to bring it into the "shop", and install a 2" leveling kit.......he even made recommendations for a specific leveling kit.

So, it would seem that the best thing a person can do BEFORE modding a 2011 F150, would be to ASK the dealership.
Ed Caffrey, ABS Mastersmith
"The Montana Bladesmith"

www.caffreyknives.net
"Nobody Care What you Know...Until they Know you Care!"

#7 mikesxpress

mikesxpress

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:18 AM

Sorry I couldn't help it!!!!
Warning. Warning.
“Danger, Will Robinson!”

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 4DRHTRD

4DRHTRD

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPhoenix
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Flex Ecoboost

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

To date nobody has been able to crack the encryption on the EB computers....but I'm sure it will come, and then you'll see "tuners" available for the EB.

Tuners are available for the SHO, Lincoln and Flex....
Yours will come along very shortly.

#9 Dean M

Dean M

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSarasota, FL
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Ecoboost FX4 3.73 e locker

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:04 AM

There are many ways to look at this but I know from experience how the game works.

If you buy a good quality programmer Ford cannot detect them or that tell they have ever been in the truck. I have seen with my own eyes (on a dealer laptop) that a cheap programmer like the banks or superchips or bullydogs will show up in the diagnostics but the better/ more advanced programmers will not show up. I used a spartan programmer (in my superduty) which was around $1300 but it is also a lot safer one too.

So in saying that, if you also have a reasonable and mod friendly dealer they won't mind helping you out but if there are any problems it is always best to return the truck to stock first and then take it to a dealer as a Ford warranty inspector may want to come out and check everything on the truck, especially seeing that it's a new engine and they will be wanting to know what can go wrong with them.

Basically you just need to be careful and find the right dealership.

#10 taperk600

taperk600

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationLG, NY
  • Current Vehicle:Arctic Cat 720 SnoPro

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:26 AM

If you want to be so literal on the wording, then even using an other-than OEM airfilter could be considered a modification.......................................
2011 Super Crew Lariat EcoBoost in Sterling Grey over black leather. Heated & Cooled Buckets.
6.5 ft box, Max Tow pakage, Off Road Package, 3.73 gears with electric locking rear differential.
Harley Davidson tinted head lights and tail lights. Undercover hard tonneau. Line-X spray-in. More to come.

1999 Chaparral Sunesta 233LE; 5.7 efi Merc/ Bravo 3 outdrive
Scuba yr 'round
Arctic Cats......
2011 600 SnoPro Cross Country
2010 500 SnoPro / D&D 720
2010 SnoPro 500

#11 Beaner

Beaner

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Current Vehicle:2011 F-150 Lariat 3.5L V6 w/NAV

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:00 PM

TO ALL YOU DISBELIEVERS AND TO PEOPLE THAT SAY THEY GET ALL THE TB'S READ ON!

THIS WAS POSTED ON THE FORD TRUCK FORUM!

No mods on the ecoboost
I have been doing some research on putting a tuner on the ecoboost. Seems that since the 6.0 mess Ford has gotten smarter. Also seems that some have blown the eco in the Taurus SHO's. It appears that a tuner, CAI, removing the cats and maybe even an aftermarket exhaust system can be grounds for warranty denial.

You can make up your own mind. Mine is staying stock.

I found this on yellow bullet, a racing forum:

To: All Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealerships
Subject: Aftermarket Modifications – Warranty Cancellation

BACKGROUND
Aftermarket companies (referred to as "tuners") attempt to increase an engine's torque and power output beyond the design limits which may cause powertrain failures. This is often accomplished by modifying the engine calibration (referred to as "chipping") but may also include modifications or adjustments to other components. Per the Warranty Guide that is provided to the customer and the Warranty & Policy Manual, failures resulting from modifications are not warranted by Ford Motor Company.

All powertrains are subject to warranty cancellation if a modification causes a failure. For the 3.5L EcoBoost technical service bulletin TSB 10-2-6 was published to enable your technicians to determine:

If a powertrain failure resulted from an unauthorized modification
If the engine, transmission, or entire powertrain warranty should be cancelled
Per the inspection process included in this TSB a Ford Motor Company inspector may assist with this analysis. When the inspection process clearly indicates that a failure was caused by an unauthorized modification/alteration the repair should not be completed under Warranty and, using the following process, the vehicle's remaining Engine, Transmission, or Powertrain warranty should be cancelled.

WARRANTY CANCELLATION PROCESS
To initiate a warranty cancellation on an affected vehicle, submit a warranty cancellation request form through FMCDealer.com. This on-line form can be accessed as follows:

FMCDealer.com
Select Parts & Service tab
Select Warranty Administration & Parts Return
Select Warranty Cancellation / Reinstatement Request Form
Complete and submit this form on-line.

Once the warranty is cancelled an OASIS message will advise all dealerships that the vehicle is no longer eligible for warranty coverage

Here is the TSB

Review Service Procedure
SERVICE PROCEDURE

Unauthorized calibration modifications may or may not be detectable using standard tools (Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS), Portable Diagnostic Software (PDS), NGS+ VCM). Changes can be made to the calibration and flashed to the PCM through the OBD port. Physical modifications to the hardware may or may not be present. If aftermarket power/torque-increasing modifications are suspected, care should be taken to record and store the following items: Permanent Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs), Pending DTCs, Freeze Frame Data, Mode 6 and Mode 9 data. The data should be printed and attached to the repair order for later reference.
The DTCs, freeze frame data, Mode 6 and 9 data can be obtained by using the IDS, PDS or NGS+VCM under tool box selection. The Powertrain tab will provide the OBD Test Modes tab and Mode 6 and 9 data selection after the vehicle has been identified.

Attempting to increase the engine output via recalibrating the PCM may result in poor drivability, DTCs, or component failures. A partial list of calibration induced component failures is given below:
Piston damage.
Spark over-advanced (knock-induced damage).
Insufficient enrichment.
Excessive Cylinder Pressure:

Turbocharger damage.
Over-Speed:

Catalyst damage.
Over-Temperature/Melting:

Transmission, PTU, Torque converter damage.
Hardware Modifications:

The following list contains items that are frequently modified in an effort to increase the engines torque/power output. Modifying these items may, or may not improve the performance, but can lead to drivability issues, DTCs and possibly component failures:
Air induction system (air box, low pressure and high pressure air ducts).
The system may be particularly susceptible to flexible air ducts between the air filter and the compressors. Restrictions on either side of the compressor can result in over-speeding the turbo (Figures 5-6).
Wastegate actuator pre-tension.
The full load output of some turbocharged engines will increase if the wastegate spring pre-tension is increased. This is not the case with the EcoBoost engine. Adjusting the wastegate pre-tension out of the specified range can result in DTCs. A tamper evident paint dot has been applied to the wastegate actuator adjustment mechanism to make modifications more apparent.
Throttle inlet and intake manifold pressure sensors.
These sensors and the associated wiring should be inspected to verify they have not been modified.
Additional fuel injection devices.
The high pressure fuel system used for the EcoBoost engine will not support additional fuel flow beyond what the factory calibration requests. Inspect the engine for an additional aftermarket injector(s) located somewhere in the induction system to provided increased fuel flow.
PCV system modifications.
If the PCV system is modified (vented to atmosphere being the most common modification) it can result in a condition where oil gets past the turbine seal even on an undamaged, fully functional turbocharger. Oil in the exhaust system may not be sufficient evidence to identify a failed turbo if the PCV system has been compromised.
Compressor bypass modifications (a.k.a. blow-off valve, or anti-surge valve).
It is common to modify these components so they make more noise. If the aftermarket devices fail to seal properly when closed, elevated turbo speeds and compressor outlet temperatures will occur.
Exhaust air path/system.
Removal of catalysts or mufflers/resonators to reduce exhaust backpressure may result in over-speeding the turbo(s).
Thermostat modifications.
Blocking open the thermostat may reduce the coolant flow to the turbo chargers. Wastegate Tamper Evident Paint Dot

quote name='mikesxpress' timestamp='1305800427' post='1240']
Dealer said that?

I LOVE KNOW IT ALLS! I spent close to $60,000 on my truck. I bought the extended warranty to cover the new technology. Why would anyone risk voiding their warranty....I can't afford too.....I guess they bought cheaper models and can risk $$$$$ in repairs and mods.

Thanks for posting this!

Bean

#12 Spoolin'FX4

Spoolin'FX4

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Current Vehicle:F-150 FX4 Ecoboost

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:39 PM

Nothing has changed....if you bring your truck in with a blown engine and you nice little tuner is sitting on the dash well your lookin' for it...bolt on mods like exhaust and intake(intakes might pop a code though) can be swaped in minutes!!! Stop freaking out soo much and if your so scared well stay stock!

Edited by Spoolin'FX4, 08 September 2011 - 09:40 PM.

Race Red FX4 EcoBoosted
dB Perf. Exhaust by Corsa w/ 5'' RBP Tip
Leveled, Spacers, Boost Gauge
22'' RBP 96r 8 Lug Wheels-On the way!

#13 Spoolin'FX4

Spoolin'FX4

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Current Vehicle:F-150 FX4 Ecoboost

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:41 PM

Dealer said that?

Edmonds warranty issues

+1 4 Mike on this one!
Race Red FX4 EcoBoosted
dB Perf. Exhaust by Corsa w/ 5'' RBP Tip
Leveled, Spacers, Boost Gauge
22'' RBP 96r 8 Lug Wheels-On the way!

#14 dirty35s

dirty35s

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Locationmanitoba
  • Current Vehicle:2011 FX4 ecoboost

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:47 PM

i guess i have no warrenty running 35s that the dealer installed on my ecoboost. warrenty will not cover aftermarket parts.

#15 john

john

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:2011 EcoBoost F150 Larit

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

Same deal. Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 still applies.

TSB was released for the Tarus SHO but would still apply to the F150's.

If they can PROVE the mod did damage they can cancel the warranty. Been like that since 1975.

I have no mods to mine, nor would I do any. It runs fine like it is. Same way with the 1999 Superduty I sold and replaced it with this EcoBoost.

I depends on how deep your pockets are. You would need to get a lawyer and you could spend months or years in court to prove you are right or Ford is wrong or right. Do what I do..... if I break it I fix on my dime.

John

Edited by john, 14 April 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#16 VTWLKWY

VTWLKWY

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCharlotte Vermont
  • Current Vehicle:12 F150/ 07 TTGT500/ 02lightning/01 mustang/01bullitt/ ffr cobra

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:49 AM

According to my dealer , the air filter system upgrade and a "cat Back" exhaust will not void the warrenty on my truck. My Master tech is asking ford for a proper intercooler cover that is acceptable to them as the intercooler can be hurt by stone and road debris.. " in front of MAF and behind Cat, no problem.. Pete

#17 glwbear

glwbear

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:34 AM

Mikexpress or whoever you are! When you add a comment telling someone that his post is BS you better put your mind in gear before putting your mouth in ACTION!

The TSB came from a Master Ford Tech and from a relative who owns 4 Ford Dealerships. Yes, we all are aware of the M/S Warranty act. Yet, Ford can screw with you and cause you thousands of dollars in Legal Fees to fight them over the warranty issue! The TSB speaks for itself and if you had read all the other posts you'd of seen that another member talked to a dealer and was told that if he MODIFIED the exhaust the warranty could be canceled!

All my post was meant to do was to "INFORM" other EcoBoost owners of the TSB that I had received and let them decide for themselves! Your brash and insulting comment that my post was BS is immature and uncalled for.

Sorry, if my information offended your mental state of mind!

glwbear

#18 Robert Weathers

Robert Weathers

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationGonzales Texas
  • Current Vehicle:2011 King Ranch F150 4X4 Offroad

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

I have a 2011 King Ranch 4X4 Offroad Crew with 3.73 gears that has a few minor modification from the folks at Fastlane in Houston Texas. They installed a plug-in module (controller) with 3 performance levels, stock, low boost, and high boost. Other mods include their down-pipe, Heartthrob cat-back exhaust system, and a Injen cold air intake. The next mod is a Firestone air bag system to help with heavy loads. The truck stays in low boost most of the time, but I did put it in high boost mode to dust off a buddy of mine in his Duramax powered truck. Wow, what a difference the mods have made. Improved towing, MPG, and performance. My only complaint is that I get to the speed shutoff too fast to enjoy the acceleration like I want. Fastlane tells me they are working on an update to remove this. The great thing about those guys, is they can put a complete performance package together, install it, dyno test, and get it out the door in a short amount of time. That way you get a truck with amazing power and no surprises. Best of all, their plug-in module leaves no foot print on the factory computer. The tunes are a good balance of safe and powerful. I feel confident they are making as much safe horsepower as anyone else. If Ford chooses to cancel my warranty, I do have a good attorney, who will force them to prove they have justification to do so, or that modifications caused a failure. Even though Ford has more legal resources than I do, they still have to prove their case, thanks to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

#19 Limited

Limited

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAtlanta , Georgia
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Limited 4x4

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:04 AM

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 is and has been found wanting on many occassions. Remember, you usually deal with an ALJ and Ford brings reems of engineeers and lawayers to stand up to your poor litte guy who has no resources to do complete investigations etc. Making ANY change to your vehicle is grounds for potential denial of warranty. This has been up held by many ALJ's and arbitrators through the years. A lot depends upon the dealer, Ford Representative and what exactly has been modified and what has been damaged. It's a bit of a "crap shoot" but any alteration puts YOU on the defense.

Edited by Limited, 08 July 2013 - 05:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users