Custom Search

Advertise here and reach the F150 Ecoboost community. Click here to find out more.

Ford F150 EcoBoost Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Ford F150 EcoBoost Forum welcomes you to our community! Like most online communities, you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By becoming a member, you'll enjoy these benefits and more:

Receive special discount offers on apparel, parts and merchandise!
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Post your photos to the gallery
• View fewer ads. . .more

Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Extended Warranty Yea or Nay??

Warranty

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 motodrummer

motodrummer

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNH
  • Current Vehicle:F150

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:41 AM

Just passed 32k on my 2011 and am about 3 months away from the 36 month warranty expiration. Has anyone purchased an extended warranty? I have only had 2 warranty issues with the truck since I bought it and neither would have been that expensive. I am getting quotes for $2k for 100,000mi powertrain extended warranty.  What are your thoughts? Anyone with 80k or so on their 2011's.. any issues?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 Tucker

Tucker

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMI
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:12 PM

I always get the extended warranty, I have only had to use a few times but I like the peice of mind

#3 LowCountryF150

LowCountryF150

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBluffton

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:20 PM

I don't know if I would.  I think if you kept that money seperate (savings) etc, I doubt you would encroach $2K in bills. Plus with the warranty don't you have to take it back to the dealership? 

I'm saying I do not know, and I might simply because of the twin turbos.  I do not know anything about them and I'm sure it could add up.

#4 robertsunrus

robertsunrus

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSalem, Oregon

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:17 PM

:) Hi, I bought an ESP plan when I bought my new 2014 F-150. Here is my advise; Buy the best plan, but make sure you get a decent discount. Never, ever, buy an aftermarket warranty for anything; If the extended warranty isn't from the manufacturer of the product, and I don't mean the selling dealer, don't even think about it.

#5 HOWARD JACOBS

HOWARD JACOBS

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMORRISVILLE,PA
  • Current Vehicle:2005 KIA RIO

Posted 28 January 2017 - 02:57 PM

when I get my f150(26 weeks and still waiting), I plan to purchase extended warranty. Planning to full time RV and after 40+ years as a tech, I don't want too, don"t plan too and don't want know how to fix this truck. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users