Custom Search

Advertise here and reach the F150 Ecoboost community. Click here to find out more.

Ford F150 EcoBoost Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Ford F150 EcoBoost Forum welcomes you to our community! Like most online communities, you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By becoming a member, you'll enjoy these benefits and more:

Receive special discount offers on apparel, parts and merchandise!
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Post your photos to the gallery
• View fewer ads. . .more

Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rear Driver Doop Open Sensor

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jimonfly

jimonfly

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida
  • Current Vehicle:2011 F-150

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:52 AM

I recently had a warning on my 2011 F-150 EB saying the rear door was open (it's not).  I read on this forum that spraying WD-40 in the latch should take care of the problem, and it did not.  Then I was going to replace the door sensor switch, only to find that the entire assembly (latch, lock, door sensor, etc) is one unit, so I replaced that.  My dash is still saying the door is still open.  The local dealer suggested (over the phone) to disconnect the battery for 5 minutes and that should clear the memory.  It's still on.

With 86,000 miles on the truck I hate to take it in for them to troubleshoot, especially after I replaced a $100 part.  It wouldn't be a big issue other than the interior lights stay on for 10 minutes after I park it, and sometimes I have stuff in the back seat that I don't want to tempt people with. Also, leaving for work before daylight creates a reflection on the windows that makes it hard to see sometimes.

Any thoughts?

Jim

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users