Custom Search

Advertise here and reach the F150 Ecoboost community. Click here to find out more.

Ford F150 EcoBoost Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Ford F150 EcoBoost Forum welcomes you to our community! Like most online communities, you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By becoming a member, you'll enjoy these benefits and more:

Receive special discount offers on apparel, parts and merchandise!
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Post your photos to the gallery
• View fewer ads. . .more

Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Replacing shocks in struts-2011 F150 crew

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kermone

kermone

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Locationclinton ok
  • Current Vehicle:2011 f150 eco

Posted 27 November 2016 - 12:34 PM

Looked at videos and it seems complicated to remove the strut.  The bolt at the bottom is in a recessed area and it shows to get the strut out you have to loosen the upper control arm ball joint.  Is there an easier way?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 kermone

kermone

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Locationclinton ok
  • Current Vehicle:2011 f150 eco

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:52 PM

Changed the shocks with the help of my son last weekend(did I say I,m 68?).  Turned out to be pretty straightforward as shown in the how-to videos.  Would strongly recommend using two sets of strut compressors on the springs.  Man they are stout!  Had to purchase a 30mm socket but guess I needed one anyhow.  Only surprise was on releasing the springs  from the compressor, there is a loud POP as it seats the retainer against the shock.  Put Bilstien on and like them so far Took us about 2 1/2 hours with a crappy air compressor.  With a good one, should only take an hour a side.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users