Custom Search

Advertise here and reach the F150 Ecoboost community. Click here to find out more.

Ford F150 EcoBoost Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Ford F150 EcoBoost Forum welcomes you to our community! Like most online communities, you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By becoming a member, you'll enjoy these benefits and more:

Receive special discount offers on apparel, parts and merchandise!
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Post your photos to the gallery
• View fewer ads. . .more

Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VERY Hard shift when going from 3rd down and then back up

transmission hard shift down shift up sift speed bumps

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xmntncopper

xmntncopper

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:01 PM

Hi everyone! I have a 2011 F-150 Super Crew short-bed with airbags on the rear suspension and mounts for a fifth wheel hitch attached to the frame in the rear. I purchased the truck specifically for the towing capacity and the gas mileage without having to bump up to a 250 or diesel. It's my everyday vehicle around town as well as when I tow. After about a year of owning it it began to shift extremely hard occasionally when I would go over a speed bump. I took it in and the dealership couldn't replicate it. They basically insinuated that I am a woman and don't know how to drive. Little do they know that i drive for a living and am perfectly capable of driving appropriately! It's now 2017 and after being in the shop upteen million times, several updates,the transmission recall update and driving around with technicians several times they are still telling me that the transmission operates within normal parameters even though the technician agrees that what it is doing is not normal. What it does: If I slow down to go over a speed bump, pause at a yelid sign, or pause to go into a traffic circle, and then accelerate to go it makes a huge clunk like it is slamming into gear and the whole truck lurches forward but it's coming from the rear of the truck. It does it softer sometimes and super hard at others and doesn't do it every time. It seems to be worse in the cold and it seems to be worse on downhill slopes. The dealership has never been able to replicate it and told me the transmission recall would fix it. When it didn't I demanded to drive around with a tech to replicate it. Now I'm going to demand that the service manage ride with me. What else is there? Has anyone had this problem and found a fix? It has never had any problems towing and Ford has looked over the airbags and hitch mount and said everything is fine. Thoughts are appreciated!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 xmntncopper

xmntncopper

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:37 AM

Update... I went in this morning and spoke with the service manager. He told me that this is a semi common issue but not enough that Ford has come up with a solution. I asked him to come drive the truck which he did. Not even a mile drive and the transmission "bucked" with every slow down and acceleration approximately 8 times in the short distance. He said while the symptom is the same as what others have complained about it is much more frequent than anything else he has seen. He is seeking Ford's permission to tear the transmission apart and see what they can find. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transmission, hard shift, down shift, up sift, speed bumps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users