Ford F150 EcoBoost Owners Welcomes You!

Custom Search

Advertise here and reach the F150 Ecoboost community. Click here to find out more.

Ford F150 EcoBoost Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Ford F150 EcoBoost Forum welcomes you to our community! Like most online communities, you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By becoming a member, you'll enjoy these benefits and more:

Receive special discount offers on apparel, parts and merchandise!
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Post your photos to the gallery
• View fewer ads. . .more

Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

F150 EcoBoost Apparel

F150 EcoBoost Hat

F150 EcoBoost Key Chain

F150 EcoBoost Shirt

F150 EB Exhaust

Shop For More Here

Photo

First Oil Change

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 beaker80

beaker80

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNewmarket, ON, Canada
  • Current Vehicle:2011 SCREW

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

My ECO just turned 5000 KM and I decided to do my first oil change. After reading many forums about how horrendous it is to do I formed a plan. First I put my truck on front wheel ramps. I decided to remove both the soft shield and the metal "windage" trays under the truck. This is quite easy. The metal tray is held on with 4 - 13mm socket bolts. Start by removing the rear "soft" tray by undoing the 4 quarter turn fasteners. Then pop out the 3 push pins in the front of the metal tray. Take out the 4 bolts and lower the metal tray (not heavy). Remove the 4, 1/2 turn fasteners on the soft front cover and let it hang.

Then I removed the oil filter with the help of a filter wrench. It wasn't really tight just a bit awkward to reach from below. The rear catch tray caught the drained oil from the filter and flowed into drain pan.

Now on to the oil drain bolt. I was anticipating a shower but it didn't happen. I have a large oil pan and held it up near the bolt as I removed it with my free hand. The oil didn't shoot out as some forums have said. No worst than a rear-facing drain bolt. My pan caught it all. I left the drain open to full empty.

I then cleaned up the filter catch tray and installed a WIX 57502 filter. Then I installed a Fumoto Quick Change drain valve (P/N F-107N) with nipple for drain tube. Added 6 liters of Quaker State 5W30 Full Synthetic oil. Started truck up and checked for leaks - none. Reinstalled metal tray and the 2 soft shields. Reset the oil monitor (was showing 72%). Backed off ramps. Put everything away.

Granted this was my 1st oil change and it took 2 hours. Next time will be much faster(and cleaner) with the drain valve. I'll probably pull the trays again as it gives me a chance to check around the bottom of the engine and trans.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 ultraflame

ultraflame

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationLexington, SC
  • Current Vehicle:F-150 EcoBoost

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:47 AM

Congrats. Where did you get your Fumoto Quick Change drain valve (P/N F-107N)? The last one I bought was 3 years ago for my Dodge and I will be getting my new 2012 EB in March. They are not even starting the build until 2/13. I hear they are backed up and running short on Tuxedo Black Metalflake that I ordered.

#3 ecoboost666

ecoboost666

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:2011 FX4 EcoBoost

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

Congrats. Where did you get your Fumoto Quick Change drain valve (P/N F-107N)? The last one I bought was 3 years ago for my Dodge and I will be getting my new 2012 EB in March. They are not even starting the build until 2/13. I hear they are backed up and running short on Tuxedo Black Metalflake that I ordered.

I got my valve from ebay.

#4 beaker80

beaker80

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNewmarket, ON, Canada
  • Current Vehicle:2011 SCREW

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:18 PM

I got my valve from this site which is the Canadian distributor. http://ezoildrain.com/default.htm

Ebay is cheaper but not for me as I had to add shipping, exchange on the dollar etc...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users