Ford F150 EcoBoost Owners Welcomes You!

Custom Search

Advertise here and reach the F150 Ecoboost community. Click here to find out more.

Ford F150 EcoBoost Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Ford F150 EcoBoost Forum welcomes you to our community! Like most online communities, you must register to post, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. By becoming a member, you'll enjoy these benefits and more:

Receive special discount offers on apparel, parts and merchandise!
• Start new topics and reply to others
• Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
• Get your own profile page and make new friends
• Send personal messages to other members
• Post your photos to the gallery
• View fewer ads. . .more

Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

F150 EcoBoost Apparel

F150 EcoBoost Hat

F150 EcoBoost Key Chain

F150 EcoBoost Shirt

F150 EB Exhaust

Shop For More Here

Photo
- - - - -

Shudder/Miss TSB

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 f150rt

f150rt

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMolino Fla
  • Current Vehicle:2011 f150 SC Platnium

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

I heard about this TSB 12-2-10 today does anyone have any more info. I was told it would help my shudder/miss while in cruise going up a hill

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 canon_mutant

canon_mutant

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationKansas
  • Current Vehicle:2011 F150 SC Ecoboost

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:28 PM

I heard about this TSB 12-2-10 today does anyone have any more info. I was told it would help my shudder/miss while in cruise going up a hill

Yup, that's what it's for. I am going in next week to do mine.
2011 Gray/Silver SC XLT 4x4 ECOBoost, Custom 4x4 Decal/Stripe, EcoBoost badge on tailgate
FX4 Wheels w/Michelin MS/2s for mpgs
MBRP stainless Catback w/Magnaflow 22" muffler and 14" resonator
Spray in liner and Pace Edwards Jackrabbit Tonneau
Kenwood Excelon XR-4S 120/4W amp and 4 6x8s

#3 davegonfishn

davegonfishn

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCameron Park, CA
  • Current Vehicle:2011 F150XLT 4X4 Supercab Ecoboost

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:09 AM

Yup, that's what it's for. I am going in next week to do mine.

Are the TSB's available somewhere on line, or does only Ford know about them?
2011 4X4 SuperCab XLT EcoBoost.
6.5' box, Max Tow package, Off Road Package, 3.73 ELD.
SnugTop XTRA Canopy

#4 canon_mutant

canon_mutant

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationKansas
  • Current Vehicle:2011 F150 SC Ecoboost

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:30 AM

Are the TSB's available somewhere on line, or does only Ford know about them?

Well, there are a number of TSB depositories online if you do a search but these are generally "mature" ones that have been out for awhile.

Brand new ones, I tend to hear about on these forums, like F150forum.com for example.
2011 Gray/Silver SC XLT 4x4 ECOBoost, Custom 4x4 Decal/Stripe, EcoBoost badge on tailgate
FX4 Wheels w/Michelin MS/2s for mpgs
MBRP stainless Catback w/Magnaflow 22" muffler and 14" resonator
Spray in liner and Pace Edwards Jackrabbit Tonneau
Kenwood Excelon XR-4S 120/4W amp and 4 6x8s

#5 kelloggair

kelloggair

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationColorado
  • Current Vehicle:1994 f-150

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:54 AM

the tsb your talking about is one that only dealers have access to at the moment because it is incomplete, the problem has been verified and ford is looking for a solution. the tsb pertains to there being moisture in the CAC ( Charge Air Cooling) system. ill post an update when i know more

#6 HoustonPerson

HoustonPerson

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:F150 EcoScrew

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

Is there any news yet on the Condensation Surge. So far my dealer has not provided any information or fixes! It is so disappointing Ford did not do any real world testing under real life conditions.

This is so easy to reproduce; If you leave Houston at 5AM and head to either Dallas or Austin, when the dewpoint is very close to actual temperature (heavy early morning fog)........in about a hundred miles the engines begins to lose power due to all the water produced in the intercooler. The excess water seems to flood the left side of the engine the worse! The temperature drop of 20 to 40 degrees from the outside air, floods the engine with water.

How did they overlook somethig so simple? Where is the fix?
2011 F150 XLT 4x2 EcoScrew shortbox

Convenience, Chrome, Tow, Plus, Keyless

LS 3.55 18” Michelins

Dearborn Build Date: 10/5/11

Line-X, Husky Liner Weather Beater full coverage mats

#7 roxie

roxie

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMadison Wi
  • Current Vehicle:2011 ford ecoboost F150

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

Is there any news yet on the Condensation Surge. So far my dealer has not provided any information or fixes! It is so disappointing Ford did not do any real world testing under real life conditions.

This is so easy to reproduce; If you leave Houston at 5AM and head to either Dallas or Austin, when the dewpoint is very close to actual temperature (heavy early morning fog)........in about a hundred miles the engines begins to lose power due to all the water produced in the intercooler. The excess water seems to flood the left side of the engine the worse! The temperature drop of 20 to 40 degrees from the outside air, floods the engine with water.

How did they overlook somethig so simple? Where is the fix?

I would love to force them to fix this contact me lets band together to get it done 608-445-1907

#8 Legendsk

Legendsk

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Kansas - USA
  • Current Vehicle:2011 F-150 Lariat 4X4 SCREW EB

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:20 AM

the tsb your talking about is one that only dealers have access to at the moment because it is incomplete, the problem has been verified and ford is looking for a solution. the tsb pertains to there being moisture in the CAC ( Charge Air Cooling) system. ill post an update when i know more

??? Another 2 1/2 months have gone by, is it still incomplete?

Edited by Legendsk, 14 May 2012 - 07:20 AM.

#9 iaflatlander

iaflatlander

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIowa
  • Current Vehicle:2012 F150

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:52 AM

Any news on this topic? Had the sudden loss of power on acceleration and it's a scary experience. There was a light rain falling so I'm thinking it may be related to this tsb.

#10 bohnman

bohnman

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationStone Park IL
  • Current Vehicle:2011 F150 Ecoboost

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

I had this happen to me 2 weekends ago my buddy at the dealer told me that the fix is a replacement Cat and some programming change. I'm not sure how replacing the cat will cut down on condensation

#11 gaccotten

gaccotten

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford
  • Current Vehicle:XLT XTR

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

The TSB was updated last week, they are replacing the CAC with a new one now. I have the condensation problem, the dealership has parts on back order at the moment and will fix it when the parts come in. This also includes an update to the computer. Hopefully this will fix the problem for good.

#12 Grandillusion

Grandillusion

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Current Vehicle:2011 F150 Lariat Super-Crew, 3.55 LS Axel, 78" Bed

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

Do you by chance know the TSB number?

#13 bumpncarstereo

bumpncarstereo

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationWestern NY
  • Current Vehicle:04 Ranger (4x4 toy) 06 Escape Hybrid (for sale so I can get an EB)

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

I currently have the same issue. I had the truck for 12 days and then had to take it back for this issue. it's great waiting for them to figure out where the new CAC is coming from.

#14 bumpncarstereo

bumpncarstereo

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationWestern NY
  • Current Vehicle:04 Ranger (4x4 toy) 06 Escape Hybrid (for sale so I can get an EB)

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

Well, the CAC (is that what they are calling the intercooler?) is no longer on CBO, they said that I should have my truck back by weeks end. yay only went with out it for a week, and I haven't even made a payment on it.

#15 gaccotten

gaccotten

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford
  • Current Vehicle:XLT XTR

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

Do you by chance know the TSB number?

The dealership did not provide me with the TSB number they only informed me they were aware of the problem and that the TSB was very recently updated.

#16 punkin eco

punkin eco

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAthens,OH
  • Current Vehicle:2012 Ford F150 Lariat Ecoboost

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

I had the CAC replaced, but nothing else, about two weeks ago and I was hoping the miss/shudder would finally be gone.  Unfortunately the miss/shudder is still there.  I  asked the service manager if the spark plugs were going to be replaced when the CAC was changed and he said they were not.  I now believe that more parts must be replaced to correct the problem once and for all.  I would guess at a minimum the spark plugs must go.  If that does not do it, then maybe a coil pack.  Finally, maybe a catalytic converter.  Has anyone who had the redesigned CAC installed ended up with a total fix?  If so, were there any other parts installed along with it?   

#17 gducote

gducote

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAlabama
  • Current Vehicle:2012 FX2 Sport Ecoboost

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

I have been having a shuddering since I bought mine, the shuddering is the same symptom you would have if you were driving a stick. If you are going 45 mph you wouldn't want to be in sixth gear right? Well that's what is going on when in D the truck wants to shift prematurely I'm doing 45-50 mph and I'm in SIXTH gear?  no....... so I click down to 5th and I have the power when I need it......its a computer shifting issue not moisture in the intercooler, MY opinion......

#18 ehwitt

ehwitt

• F150 EB Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Vehicle:2011 Ford F-150 Ecoboost

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

May be unrelated but I have a 2011 ecoboost and was experiencing the same problem at 14,000 miles. Felt like a shudder or miss and was really irritating. The dealer said the turbo waste gate was stuck open and they replaced it. Got almost 50,000 miles on it now and  it hasn't happened since. I'm no mechanic but this fixed the problem with my truck. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users